Monday, August 13, 2007

Eve Online: Aer's Arrival

(This is an existing character I had, but wasn't too far along, so i figured he would make for a good start).

So here I am, far away from home in a small tin-can of a room orbiting an unfamiliar moon. My trip here in the Caldari Shuttle was uncomfortable but pretty uneventful. Those ships were certainly not meant for long journey's, but it is all I could afford at the time. There was no need to come in anything too big or armed, as we are traveled through high-security space.

I am staying at the Budget Moonsuites on the Caldari Navy station orbiting Sobaseki X. Theres a good amount of activity here, a lot of navy types and civilians. I have walked down to the Dock Lounge a few times to watch all sorts of ships arrive and depart. Everything from massive freighters to small fast shuttles. I wonder where they are headed, I wonder where I am headed come to think of it.

It has been about a month since I received notice from an attorney here on the station. I was pretty surprised to receive a message from way out here, as I barely ever left home. It turns a relative of mine passed away and I was the beneficiary. I never really knew him, but I guess he knew me. I spent weeks figuring out what to do and I almost did not come. Friends told me just to sell it all and forget about it. Obviously since I am here, I could not do that. Now I am not sure what to do.

Apparently, Xure (my relative) had assets spread out all over the region. Everything from ships and probes to blueprints. Seems like he did a little bit of everything. In actual isk, he left me 3.5 million. That should keep me afloat while I figure out what to do. In terms of ships I have an IBIS, Caldari Shuttle, Bantam, Kestrel Missile Frigate and a Cormorant Destroyer.

I just have to figure out what to do now. I saw some posters about joining up with the Navy to hunt pirates. I could also go into trading or mining. When I was sitting in the Dock Lounge, I overheard some people talking about salvaging ships. I just don't know, but I guess I better figure it out soon.

No comments: