Thursday, August 9, 2007

Tobold's MMORPG Blog: Does genre matter?

Tobold's MMORPG Blog: Does genre matter?

I think the genre of the MMO does matter to me. I play WoW once in a while and LOTRO, both of which are fantasy games. They are ok, but lately I have been really wanting to play a SciFi game. I don't mean Eve, which I consider a different breed than the WoW type games. For me, it comes down to the fact that I like futuristic settings and weapons more so than fantasy themed. I have more fun when I choose different kinds of laser weapons rather than bows. There really isn't much of a difference, but it makes it more enjoyable to me.

Tabula Rasa looks like it has promise. I tried Anarchy Online, but it just didn't work for me. I have been tempted to give SWG a try, but I could not get the free trial to even install. I agree with Tobold and hope a good, polished SciFi MMO gains some ground and market share.

No comments: